Director of Compliance and Student-Athlete Services
West Coast Conference
San Bruno, CA
Full Time - Experienced
The Director of Compliance and Student-Athlete Services is responsible for supporting the administration and continued development of compliance operations pertaining to NCAA and Conference rules and regulations. In addition, this position will enable efforts to enhance the student-athlete experience. Other responsibilities will include providing support to WCC governance groups and championships as needed. This position reports to the Assistant Commissioner of Governance and Compliance.
• Research and issue interpretations and provide relevant education materials pertaining to NCAA legislation and WCC regulations.
• Monitor rules violations and assist with tracking procedures.
• Assist with the process for submission and resolution of NCAA and/or Conference waivers (e.g., hardship waiver, medical absence waivers).
• Monitor proposed NCAA legislation.
• Monitor the WCC Athletics Compliance Assessment Program.
• Serve as administrator for the National Letter of Intent Program.
• Support all policies and manage records related to Conference and NCAA compliance and academic operations.
• Serve as secondary staff liaison to the WCC Compliance Administrators Advisory Group.
• Serve as secondary staff liaison to the WCC Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC), WCC SAAC Liaisons Advisory Group and the NCAA Division I SAAC representative.
• Assist with other programs supporting the student-athlete experience.
• Assist with the aggregation, analysis and drafting of memoranda regarding academic data, including APR, GSR, and FGR.
• Assist with research and analysis of institutional and peer conference data.
• Other duties, including assistance with WCC governance projects, meetings, and championships, as assigned.
Required and Preferred Qualifications
• Demonstrated understanding of the West Coast Conference’s core values of collaboration, inclusion, innovation, integrity, personal growth and performance.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s or advanced/professional degree(s) preferred.
• Minimum two years of progressively responsible full-time professional experience. Working knowledge of Division I intercollegiate athletics.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment to handle sensitive and confidential information/material with discretion and to analyze situations and systems, identify problems, and implement solutions.
• Demonstrated professional competency by establishing and meeting deadlines, balancing multiple responsibilities and working without daily direct supervision in a timely and high-quality fashion.
• Proven skills in consensus building, exchanging ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions or solutions. Build and maintain positive and effective relationships with membership, partners and internal staff.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with others. Proven skills in writing and oral communication at a variety of levels, in a concise, strategic, and grammatically correct administrative manner.
• Demonstrated high-level proficiency in Microsoft programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required and experience with other software programs (e.g., Adobe InDesign, FileMaker Pro) preferred.
Employment is contingent on successful completion of a background check. A valid California driver’s license is required and the use of a personal vehicle may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position. The candidate must be able to travel (e.g., airplane) and lift at least 30 pounds. The position may require work on evenings and weekends. The West Coast Conference is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work environment. Salary and title are commensurate with experience.
Formed in 1952, the West Coast Conference has become a nationally recognized and competitive force in NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletics. The West Coast Conference’s vision is to provide premier educational and athletic opportunities to WCC student-athletes, and to be recognized nationally for achievements in the areas of leadership, student-athlete experience, competitiveness and exposure. Characterized by the stability of its membership and its unique emphasis on combining excellence in athletics with excellence in academics, the WCC comprises 10 western, private institutions: Brigham Young University, Gonzaga University, Loyola Marymount University, University of the Pacific, Pepperdine University, University of Portland, Saint Mary's College, University of San Diego, University of San Francisco, and Santa Clara University.
The West Coast Conference sponsors 15 sports: baseball, men's and women's basketball, men's and women's cross country, men's and women's golf, women's rowing, men's and women's soccer, softball, men's and women's tennis, women's volleyball and women’s beach volleyball. Current West Coast Conference member institutions have combined to win 33 national championships.
To apply, email a cover letter, resume and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
. The deadline for applications is Friday, December 1, 2017.
Interested in posting a job with us? Click here!