Assistant Director of Digital Communications
American Athletic Conference
Full Time - Experienced
Commensurate with experience
The American Athletic is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director of Digital Communications. The individual will serve as a member of the of the Conference’s communications/external affairs team. The position reports directly to the Assistant Commissioner for Communications.
The successful candidate must have a combination of bachelor’s degree, practical experience and demonstrated skills in social media, athletics communications or a related field. Knowledge of web and graphic design, significant experience using Adobe Creative Suite, CSS and HTML coding are also required. Additional experience working within an athletic department or conference office at the collegiate level and a desire to work in college athletics administration is preferred. The desired candidate will also serve as the primary communications contact for select Olympic sports. He or she should have strong organizational, writing and communications skills. Night and weekend work will be required.
The individual must have the ability to work well with a variety of constituents, including conference staff and administrators and staff at member institutions.
The assistant director of digital communications administers the daily operation of the Conference’s web site (www.TheAmerican.org) and social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube and SnappyTV, and coordinates the distribution of video across all social media channels.
Specific responsibilities and duties also include:
- Create, edit, publish and share daily content that brands The American and builds meaningful connections to fans
- Execute social media campaigns, including management, monitoring, content creation and promotion
- Ensure consistent style, quality and format of web and social media content
- Monitor and troubleshoot any issues on TheAmerican.org
with the Conference’s website partner(s)
- Liaison with member institutions, including media, marketing, television and other partners for digital coverage of The American
- Investigate and evaluate emerging technologies and platforms and craft implementation strategy as appropriate
- Capture and analyze appropriate social data/metrics, insight and best practices, and be prepared to act on the information; provide weekly analytical documents and catalog videos, social and web analytics
- Assist in fulfilling sponsorship agreements on social media platforms and website
- Collaborate with senior director of branding and sport administration to ensure branding and style requirements are met
- Coordinate with senior director of communications and digital media to build content plans and ensure consistency between digital and social teams
- Create web pages
- Provide on-site digital and social media coverage of conference championships and media day events
- Serve as the primary communications contact for assigned sports
- Assist with other Conference-related functions as assigned
The American Athletic Conference (The American), a member of the NCAA, was reconstituted in 2013. With the conference office in Providence, Rhode Island, The American is comprised of the following institutions: UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, Navy (in football only), USF, SMU, Temple, Tulane and Tulsa. Wichita State (basketball and Olympic sports) joined the Conference on July 1, 2017. Under the leadership of Commissioner Mike Aresco, The American sponsors 21 championships – 10 for men and 11 for women; is a member of the College Football Playoff; began new television partnerships with ESPN and CBS Sports in 2014; and has a marketing partnership with IMG College. For more information, please visit www.TheAmerican.org.
The American Athletic Conference is an equal opportunity employer. The Conference does not discriminate against applicants for employment on the basis of their membership in any protected class under federal or state law.
A letter of application, resume and professional references should be forwarded to:
American Athletic Conference
15 Park Row West
Providence, Rhode Island 02903
The application deadline is December 1, 2017
Interested in posting a job with us? Click here!